Today, Sony Ericsson announced a new software update for Xperia X10 and Xperia X8, an update that brings optimizations, bugfixes, some language additions and Pinch Zoom for Xperia X10.
This update comes with support for Arabic, Farsi, Thai and Hebrew languages for both devices, and Pinch Zoom touch for mobile internet and Google Maps only for Xperia X10.
That’s not all, Sony Ericsson brings with this update other improvements like a:
- Moxier in an updated version (2.7.13) that includes a great overview widget for e-mail, calendar and tasks.
- Moxier e-mail shown in Timescape.
- Possibilities of trimming videos in the phone.
- Videos are transcoded to fit into MMS-messages even if they were recorded in high quality.
- Minor changes to Mediascape with access to “Now Playing” in the top right corner.
“For the mini products and the Xperia X8 we also have enabled the ANT+ support in the chipset. ANT+ is a standard for short-range communication with things like heart rate monitors etc.
The roll-out should start from now for the X10 and within a week or so for the other products but just as last time it will be a gradual roll-out where each and every kit needs different approvals before it can be released.“